Tuesday 11 August 2009

Ozzie's Music Showcase Vol. 2 (Rodents Edition)

In the second instalment of my music showcase, I went for a rodents theme, well, enough with the bullshit, here you go.

Modest Mouse - No One's First, And You're Next (Album)

I am not ashamed to say that this was my first experience with Modest Mouse, and the result is a win. These guys are very talented and lack the ability to make a boring record. This one is no different, this album is so good that I added 3 tracks instead of one. However, the other 5 tracks could have easily slipped into my 'Top 3'


Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Dark Night of the Soul (Album)

Unlike the first time I talked about this album, I'm focusing on the music this time. This album is written and produced by Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse and performed by such artists as: The Flaming Lips, Super Furry Animals' Gruff Rhys, Jason Lytle, the Strokes' Julian Casablancas, Frank Black, Iggy Pop, the Shins' James Mercer, Suzanne Vega, Vic Chestnut, The Cardigans' Nina Persson, and David Lynch. And like everything the Mouse touches this is dope.


DJ Quik & Kurupt - Blaqkout (Album)

This album has nothing to do with the theme of the post, it is just a really good album. I was pleasantly surprised when I decided to give it a listen. Don't sleep on it, it is dope.


No comments:

Post a Comment